Alice Cooper - Old School
Released on 28 June Alice Cooper's OLD SCHOOL: 1965–1974 box set is the holy grail for Alice fans, pulling together a MAMMOTH pile of rarities from Alice's greatest era - and we have one of these stupendous box sets to give away to one listener.
Keep reading to find out more...
Housed in a very apt 12" school desk, the set features 4xCD's crammed with previously unheard demos, pre-production and rehearsal recordings of classic Alice Cooper tracks, radio spots, interview anecdotes, plus a full live show captured on the 1971 Killer tour – Live in St Louis – which is also included in its original 12" LP 'bootleg' format.
Alongside the LP is a replica of an incredibly rare 7" single by The Nazz, the band's original moniker before they settled on the now legendary name, Alice Cooper; plus a brand-new DVD produced exclusively for this set chronicling the warts-and-all history of the band from Arizona teenagers to world-dominating Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees, featuring a whole host of unreleased footage.
Also, OLD SCHOOL: 1965–1974 features an amazing specially-commissioned 64-page Yearbook fully charting the incredible rise of Alice Cooper complete with many previously unseen photos, with the set completed by 5 x A4 Card Prints, 2 x Tour Programmes, 3 x Ticket Stubs and an original live Set List replica. One lucky box will also contain a Golden Ticket, bringing its recipient an intimate money-can't-buy experience with the band themselves.
The set contains:
- Disc 1: Demos, rarities, live, and advertisements
- Disc 2: Demos from "Muscle Of Love", a pre-production of songs from "School's Out",1973 Madison Square Garden live track, and advertisements.
- Disc 3: Spoken word
- Disc 4: Live show of the 1971 "Killer" tour in St. Louis
- Disc 5: DVD (single disc in Amaray case) with three never-before-seen features (over two hours)
64-page, full-color yearbook style book with hard front and back cover:
- Period pictures of all band members, many never before seen
- Book written by Lonn Friend, a well-known heavy metal journalist
Gatefold folder containing:
- Two tour programs
- Ticket stubs
- Set list
- Five prints
- Bootleg Vinyl: 1971 "Killer" live show in St. Louis
- Seven-inch vinyl: Songs "Wonder Whose Lovin' Her Now" and "Lay Down & Die, Goodbye" from The Nazz.
You can order your copy of this extraordinary box set by clicking below:
Here's an introduction to the making of the album from legendary producer Bob Ezrin.
WIN A COPY OF OLD SCHOOL
We have ONE copy of this deluxe edition Old School box set to give away to a listener, plus a pile of other Alice prizes to give away to runners up.
What we'll be doing from Monday is testing your Alice trivia knowledge. Tune in each day from Monday to Friday to hear a new question. Answer the question correctly and you will go into our daily prize draw - and on ONE of the days we'll give away the box set.