Both of the band\'s historic shows released for the first time
On 5 September Queen release 'Queen Live at Wembley Stadium', a special 25th Anniversary edition DVD of the band's legendary 1986 concerts. The 2 disc set comes with previously unreleased footage and brand new bonus features.
On Friday 11th and Saturday 12th July 1986, Queen performed two sell out shows at Wembley - concerts which have been widely acknowledged as two of the most iconic rock events ever staged. Now, for the first time, both the Friday and Saturday night concerts can be seen in their entirety on the Anniversary edition DVD.
The DVD footage has been restored for the Anniversary edition and the sound has also been remastered with a brand new stereo mix and 5.1 sound.
Extras on the DVD include 'The Magic Tour', a short feature containing brand new interviews with Brian May and Roger Taylor filmed this year in which they reflect upon what was to be their final tour. They explain in depth how they approached planning their concerts and they also reflect on the poignancy of the shows which were to become among the last few performances with Freddie.
The release date coincides with what would have been Freddie Mercury's 65th birthday. The final five studio albums that Queen released are also re-issued on the same day.
"The Wembley concerts in 1986 were the pinnacle for us" says Brian May. "We were at our height band-wise, and Freddie had developed this phenomenal way of dealing with stadium audiences. Being back home in London playing two sell-out nights was such a big, big occasion for us. None of us realised that this would be almost the last time we played together..."
Live At Wembley Stadium Saturday 12-07-1986
1. One Vision
2. Tie Your Mother Down
3. In The Lap Of The Gods ... Revisited
4. Seven Seas Of Rhye
5. Tear It Up
6. A Kind Of Magic
7. Under Pressure
8. Another One Bites The Dust
9. Who Wants To Live Forever
10. I Want To Break Free
12. Brighton Rock Solo
13. Now I’m Here
14. Love Of My Life
15. Is This The World We Created
16. (You’re So Square) Baby I Don’t Care
17. Hello Mary Lou (Goodbye Heart)
18. Tutti Frutti
19. Gimme Some Lovin’ *
20. Bohemian Rhapsody
21. Hammer To Fall
22. Crazy Little Thing Called Love
23. Big Spender *
24. Radio Ga Ga
25. We Will Rock You
26. Friends Will Be Friends
27. We Are The Champions
28. God Save The Queen
* Saturday 12 July 1986 concert only
Live At Wembley Stadium Friday 11-07-1986
• The Magic Tour - approx 12min feature containing new interview filmed with Brian and Roger in 2011.
• The Wembley Weekend - approx 25min feature where Brian and Roger describe what went into these legendary concerts filmed in 2003
• Rehearsal - Secretly filmed footage from the bands rehearsal for the Magic Tour.
Queen Live At Wembley will be available on Limited Deluxe 2DVD + 2CD (Digipak) / Standard 2DVD