Ozzy Osbourne has been forced to cancel the rest of his North American tour as he remains hospitalised with a hand infection.
The Prince of Darkness had emergency surgery for an infection in two fingers on his right hand on Saturday (6th October) and had hoped to reconvene his No More Tours 2 trek at Las Vegas MGM Grand on Saturday (13th October).
Unfortunately, Ozzy’s condition has failed to improve and doctors have now told him it’s likely he will require further surgery in the coming days to treat the multiple infections in his hand.
Ozzy’s four remaining US tour dates in Las Vegas, Mountain View, Chula Vista and Hollywood have now been pushed back until 2019. The latter three shows had originally been rescheduled for later this month following the initial prognosis from doctors.
Speaking from his hospital bed, Ozzy says: “I’m so f***ing bummed about cancelling these shows.
“The tour had been going great and we were really looking forward to these last few gigs. We’re hoping everyone will be patient and we’ll look forward to seeing them at the shows next year.”
SHOWS IN MOUNTAIN VIEW, CHULA VISTA, LOS ANGELES AND LAS VEGAS TO BE RESCHEULDED IN 2019 OZZY has now cancelled the remaining four shows on his North American “NO MORE TOURS 2.” Following additional evaluation from his doctors, OSBOURNE will likely require another surgery in the coming days to treat multiple infections in his right hand. The four cancelled shows were originally scheduled as follows: Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA (October 6), Mattress Firm Amphitheatre in Chula Vista (October 9), the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles (October 11) and MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas (October 13). The three California shows had previously been rescheduled following his initial prognosis from doctors. All four shows will be rescheduled for 2019. “I’m so fu**ing bummed about cancelling these shows,” OSBOURNE says. “The tour had been going great and we were really looking forward to these last few gigs. We’re hoping everyone will be patient and we’ll look forward to seeing them at the shows next year.” Ticketholders for the four shows should hold on to their tickets, as they will be honored for the rescheduled dates. Refunds are also available at point of purchase.
Revealing more about Ozzy’s condition on her daytime show The Talk on Monday, Ozzy’s wife Sharon Osbourne said the emergency developed from seemingly minor hangnails.
“(Ozzy) had a little cut on his thumb and you know when you like, pull the side of your nail? He just left it and then he hit it on a door and it started to get bigger and bigger,” Sharon explained.
Confirming the same thing happened to his middle finger, Sharon added: “On Saturday morning, we took him into the emergency room and what had happened from a tiny thing on the side of his nail, it had turned into two different infections in his hand and he had to have two operations, where they cut the side of his thumb and his (middle) finger… to get rid of the infection.
“From something which you would think is absolutely nothing, he’s still in hospital today. It’s unbelievable. He’s on antibiotic drips, two different kinds. He’s just stuck there… eating ice cream.”
Ozzy’s swansong No More Tours 2 trek hits the UK in early 2019 for six dates with special guests Judas Priest.
Get well soon Ozzy!