Piston, Hannah Wicklund, The Dust Coda, Gorilla Riot, Matt Mitchell and SKAM are among the artists featuring on a new compilation album called 'The New Wave Of Rock N Roll'.
Presented by Earache Records, the ‘New Wave of Rock N Roll’ album showcases some of the finest rising rock talent from the UK and beyond.
Released on Friday 13th March 2020, the 15-track album is available to buy on vinyl only and there are three different coloured variations to choose from - black vinyl costing and £14.99, and £16.99 clear and purple vinyl editions that are limited to just 300 units each.
You can pre-order the album at Earache Records’ official website now.
Earache Records head honcho, Digby Pearson, enthuses: “We have worked with, and helped break, some great rock talent in the past, including, Rival Sons, The Temperance Movement, Blackberry Smoke, Massive Wagons and more recently, Goodbye June and Those Damn Crows, amongst others.
“We are hugely proud of the work we have done with those acts, but we are still a small independently run label, with a finite resource, so my old-school brain harked back to the pre-internet days of rock compilation vinyl albums and I thought it would be cool to release something along those lines.”
Digby continues: “I got the team here at Earache to go away and find the songs they LOVED, not just which had the most streams or the most followers. And of course, we came back with a VERY LONG list of talent, and it’s a shame we can’t feature them all. However, we think we have chosen 15 of some of the most exciting music out there, not only that there’s a healthy gender mix too. We want Earache to provide a vehicle for TALENT, full stop, no matter your race, gender or beliefs.
“Such talented people like Verity White, Loz Campbell, Tomorrow Is Lost, deserve to be heard. While the likes of Jack J Hutchinson, Piston and Gorilla Riot are re-imagining the sounds of before into the sounds of tomorrow. All the acts of this album are on the cusp of something great.”
The ‘Earache Presents: The New Wave of Rock N Roll’ track-listing is as follows:
SIDE A (27:27)
1. Hannah Wicklund & The Steppin Stones - Bomb Through the Breeze (02:45)
2. Tomorrow Is Lost - We Are the Lost (04:13)
3. Loz Campbell - Back Biting the Bullet (02:57)
4. Elles Bailey - Medicine Man (03:41)
5. Verity White - Inside Your Love (03:01)
6. Matt Mitchell & The Coldhearts - Black Diamonds (03:33)
7. Jack J Hutchinson - Justified (04:01)
8. The Dust Coda - Rock N Roll (03:16)
SIDE B (29:45)
1. Piston - One More Day (03:05)
2. Dead Man’s Whiskey - Last Train (03:50)
3. Revival Black - Wide Awake (04:24)
4. Gorilla Riot - Bad Son (05:08)
5. Samarkind - Black Rain (04:52)
6. SKAM - Take It or Leave It (03:12)
7. Maker - Dead Ends & Avenues (05:14)