The Rolling Stones’ Keith Richards has premiered the lyric video for his previously unreleased cover of Eddie Taylor’s ‘Big Town Playboy’.
Featuring Mick Taylor on guitars and late-great Johnnie Johnson tinkling the ivories, ‘Big Town Playboy’ features as a bonus track on the upcoming expansive 30th anniversary reissue of Keith’s solo album ‘Talk Is Cheap’.
Watch the video for ‘Big Town Playboy’ here:
Originally released in October 1988, ‘Talk Is Cheap’ is re-released as a standard edition on CD, digital and vinyl, and a Deluxe and Super Deluxe Box Set on Friday 29th March.
Alongside the 11 songs on the album, the Deluxe and Super Deluxe will boast six bonus tracks - four of which feature pianist Johnnie Johnson - including ‘Big Town Playboy’, ‘Blues Jam’, ‘Slim’ and the kinetic Jimmy Reed cover ‘My Babe’.
These editions also feature special, exclusive housing and folios, extensive sleeve notes by Anthony De Curtis telling the story” of the album’s production, release and cultural impact, unseen photos and rare memorabilia.
Reflecting upon the legacy of ‘Talk Is Cheap’, Keith comments: “This album holds up. I’ve been listening to it and not through the mists of nostalgia either because it doesn’t affect me that way. This is more than the sum of its parts. I really admire it. We were having fun and you can hear it.”
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Single CD and vinyl full tracklisting:
1. Big Enough
2. Take It So Hard
4. I Could Have Stood You Up
5. Make No Mistake
6. You Don’t Move Me
7. How I Wish
9. Whip It Up
10. Locked Away
11. It Means A Lot
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Deluxe & Super Deluxe Box Set includes these extra bonus tracks:
1. Blues Jam
2. My Babe
4. Big Town Playboy
5. Mark On Me
6. Brute Force
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Deluxe Box Set also comes with
- 180g LP album &180g LP bonus material
- the 7” Single (Take It So Hard / I Could Have Stood You Up)
- the 7” Single (Make No Mistake / It Means A Lot)
- CD album & CD containing bonus material
- 80-page hardback book featuring Anthony De Curtis essay, new interview with Keith Richards and extensive photos,
- Memorabilia: 1x tour laminate, 2x lyric sheets, original ‘Talk Is Cheap’ playback invite, tour guitar pick and 2x posters
- Housed in a folio pack wrapped in Fender guitar case material
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Super Deluxe box set
- Limited & Numbered
All content matches the Deluxe Box set
- Comes with added special feature, a one-of-a-kind exclusive casing replicating Keith’s favourite Fender Guitar ‘Micawber’
- Features hand-reliced ash wood with original Fender guitar elements, handmande at the Fender Custom Shop in California