Download \'Well Well\' nowThe song is the first to be lifted from forthcoming album, Don't Explain, which is released on 26 September.
Shirley, who has produced Bonamassa's last five albums, reflects on what it was like working with Beth for the first time - "Beth's got a pretty heady voice, very reminiscent of Janis Joplin, she's also got a lot of Etta James in her, but hadn't really accessed it. With this material, there is a gentleness to the way she delivers the most heartfelt tunes that she hasn't shown before. It's very cool, she's done a fantastic job."
After seeing Hart perform in London in 2010, Bonamassa was inspired to make this particular album, in part, by the Rolling Stones.
"I was up late one night, I couldn't sleep. I was playing songs on my iPod from the reissue of Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out, which included all the opening acts from that Stones show," he recalls. "As soon as the Ike & Tina Turner tracks came on, I just said out loud, 'Beth Hart.' I emailed Kevin, saying, 'Let's do a soul covers record with Beth,' and he replied back, 'Actually, that's a great idea.'"
Here's the tracklist (original artists in brackets)
1. Sinner's Prayer (Ray Charles w/ B.B. King)
2. Chocolate Jesus (Tom Waits)
3. Your Heart Is As Black As Night (Melody Gardot)
4. For My Friend (Bill Withers)
5. Don't Explain (Billie Holiday)
6. I'd Rather Go Blind (Etta James)
7. Something's Got A Hold On Me (Etta James)
8. I'll Take Care Of You (Gil Scott-Heron)
9. Well, Well (Delaney & Bonnie)
10. Ain't No Way (Aretha Franklin)