Van Halen's Jump Voted Best Sporting Song
A timely poll finds Van Halen's synth riff classic the top sporting songThe Performing Rights Society For Music polled it's members to find out their favourite "sporting" songs and Van Halens's 1984 single came out on top.
There were other usual suspects in the list (Eye Of The Tiger, We Are The Champions) and some less expected (Silver Machine, The Long & Winding Road)
Of the results, PRS chairman Guy Fletcher said: "We are so excited about the Olympic Games and music plays such a classic role for both the spectator and participant. As a Brit I would have to vote for Spandau Ballet's 'Gold' being a personal favourite. We have such a strong team of athletes this year too - I think we might get a few of those, fingers crossed."
1. Jump – Van Halen
2. Start Me Up – Rolling Stones
3. Higher & Higher – Jackie Wilson
4. Gold – Spandau Ballet
5. Thriller – Michael Jackson
6. Wake Me Up! – Wham!
7. The Winner Takes It All – Abba
8. Silver Machine – Hawkwind
9. We Are the Champions – Queen
10. Shine – Take That
11. Tracks of My Tears – Smokey Robinson
12. The Long & Winding Road – The Beatles
13. Eye of the Tiger – Survivor
14. Simply the Best – Tina Turner
15. Jump Around – House of Pain
16. Gonna Fly Now – from Rocky
17. Another One Bites The Dust – Queen
18. Don't Stop Believin' – Journey
19. Chariots of Fire (Theme)
20. We Will Rock You – Queen