Metallica Release Deep Purple Cover
Listen to their version of When A Blind Man Cries here
As previously reported, Re-machined: A Tribute To Deep Purple's Machine Head, is a brand new tribute album featuring an enormous array of bands covering tracks from the classic 1972 album.
The album features Maiden performing a cover of 'Space Truckin', Joe Bonamassa teaming up with Jimmy Barnes on 'Lazy' and Chickenfoot doing 'Highway Star'.
Here's Metallica doing 'When A Blind Man Cries':
The album is released as a special Classic Rock Magazine Fanpack on 4 September.
As well as the album, you'll get a Deep Purple endorsed 124-page collectors magazine featuring exclusive interviews with Metallica, Maiden, Chickenfoot, Bonamassa and Steve Vai. Deep Purple themselves discuss the making of one of their best-loved releases, and provide access to exclusive and unpublished photos and artefacts from their archive.
The magazine also includes one of the last-ever interviews with keyboard icon Jon Lord, who died earlier last month.
1. Smoke On The Water – Carlos Santana / Jacoby Shaddix
2. Highway Star – Chickenfoot
3. Maybe I’m A Leo – Glenn Hughes / Chad Smith
4. Pictures of Home – Black Label Society
5. Never Before – Kings of Chaos
6. Smoke On The Water – The Flaming Lips
7. Lazy – Jimmy Barnes with Joe Bonamassa
8. Space Truckin’ – Iron Maiden
9. When A Blind Man Cries – Metallica
Plus, exclusive to this special edition:
10. Highway Star – Steve Vai, Glenn Hughes, Chad Smith, Lauchlan Doley
You can order the album right now from the link below: