There’s just a day to go on this year’s Heavy Metal Truants Monster Rock Auction!
CharityStars.com in association with Heavy Metal Truants – the fundraising collective founded by Iron Maiden manager Rod Smallwood and journalist Alexander Milas – are auctioning a veritable smorgasbord of rock memorabilia and once-in-a-lifetime experiences in a massive online event.
All proceeds go to three very special charities - ChildLine, Teenage Cancer Trust and Nordoff Robins Music Therapy.
Some of the biggest names in rock and metal have donated items to the auction, including Iron Maiden, Queen, Pink Floyd, Metallica, KISS, Thunder, Marillion, Steve Vai, The Who, Slayer, Joe Bonamassa, Opeth and Megadeth.
The auction is live now and closes tomorrow (Thursday 27th July). Click here for more information and to place bids.
Items that feature in the auction are as follows:
- Barry Novis painting of the late George Harrison from The Beatles
- A unique Iron Maiden collectors cymbal and drumsticks signed by all of the band
- A VIP meet-and-greet with Metallica
- A Caribbean cruise with KISS
Iron Maiden cymbal and drumsticks
- The Who 50th Anniversary Royal Albert Hall microphone signed by Roger Daltrey
- Fender Stratocaster Guitar signed by the remaining members of The Who: Pete Townshend & Roger Daltrey
- Dean guitar signed by Megadeth
- Brian May (Queen) signed Red Special Guitar
Brian May, Steve Vai & Pete Townshend signed guitars
- Steve Vai signed Ibanez Guitar
- Good Charlotte signed Gretch Guitar
- Bullet For My Valentine signed BC Rich Warlock Guitar
- Signed Pink Floyd drumsticks & albums
Signed Pink Floyd drumsticks and albums
- An exceptional Bring Me The Horizon Bundle with signed guitar and albums
- A Queen drum head & drumsticks signed by Roger Taylor
- Signed Thunder Presentation Disc and Acoustic Guitar
- Opeth Leather Jacket and 25th Anniversary Denim Jacket
- Opeth signed Memorabilia
Slayer BMX bike
- Subrosa Slayer BMX Bike
- Marillion Waistcoat with Kayleigh lyrics handwritten by Fish
- Five Finger Death Punch signed Drumhead
- Joe Bonnamassa signed Hatch Poster
- Steve Wilson signed White Label “Aqualung” Vinyl
This is the second auction Charity Stars and The Heavy Metal Truants have held this year after six items including a Les Paul Guitar signed by Metallica, a Fender Geddy Lee Signature Model Jazz Bass guitar signed by Rush, and The lyrics of Bon Jovi's classic Livin' On A Prayer personally handwritten by Jon Bon Jovi went up for sale in June.
“This is all about community and doing some good in the world,” says Rod Smallwood. “It’s that sense of community that’s at the core of heavy metal culture, and it’s also been key to the success of the Heavy Metal Truants, because people at every level of our world have truly pulled together to make this happen.”
As well as hosting online auctions, every year The Heavy Metal Truants - featuring dozens of members from all walks of life - embark on a three-day, 180-mile bike ride to Download Festival from London’s Alexandra Palace.
Over the past four years alone, they’ve raised over £338,000 for the three charities.