Listen to Joe Bonamassa and Jimmy Barnes tackled 'Lazy'
As previously reported, Re-machined: A Tribute To Deep Purple's Machine Head, is a brand new tribute album featuring an enormous array of bands covering tracks from the classic 1972 album.
Metallica take on 'When A Blind Man Cries' (actually a B-Side to 'Never Before') while Maiden perform a cover of 'Space Truckin'. Elsewhere on the album, Chickenfoot play 'Highway Star' and, as you can hear below, Joe Bonamassa teams up with Jimmy Barnes and Brad Whitford on 'Lazy'.
The album is released as a special Classic Rock Magazine Fanpack on 4 September.
As well as the album, you'll get a Deep Purple endorsed 124-page collectors magazine featuring exclusive interviews with Metallica, Maiden, Chickenfoot, Bonamassa and Steve Vai.
Naturally Deep Purple themselves discuss the making of one of their best-loved releases, and provide access to exclusive and unpublished photos and artefacts from their archive.
The magazine also includes one of the last-ever interviews with keyboard icon Jon Lord, who died earlier this month.
1. Smoke On The Water – Carlos Santana / Jacoby Shaddix
2. Highway Star – Chickenfoot
3. Maybe I’m A Leo – Glenn Hughes / Chad Smith
4. Pictures of Home – Black Label Society
5. Never Before – Kings of Chaos
6. Smoke On The Water – The Flaming Lips
7. Lazy – Jimmy Barnes with Joe Bonamassa
8. Space Truckin’ – Iron Maiden
9. When A Blind Man Cries – Metallica
Plus, exclusive to this special edition:
10. Highway Star – Steve Vai, Glenn Hughes, Chad Smith, Lauchlan Doley
You can order the album right now from the link below: