Red Fang is an American heavy metal band from Portland, Oregon.
Red Fang started on Wantage USA Records out in Montana, where they released their self titled LP. Red Fang's 2009 debut for record label Sargent House/WANTAGE USA collected their first two releases, which were limited release EPs. The band followed their debut with Murder the Mountains, released on Relapse Records in 2011 produced by Chris Funk. Red Fang also appeared on 2011's Metalliance tour including bands Crowbar and Helmet; the same year, Red Fang opened the Jägermeister stage on 2011's edition of the annual Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival which also featured headliners Megadeth, Godsmack, and Disturbed.
On September 12th, 2011, Red Fang was announced as one of the openers (the other being The Dillinger Escape Plan) for Mastodon's 2011 and 2012 tours in the United States and Europe, respectively. Later in 2012, Red Fang embarked on a European headlining tour with Black Tusk, performing for the first time in countries including Russia, Ukraine, and Greece.
In February 2013, Red Fang traveled to Australia to play the Australian Soundwave Festival and also performed sideshows with stoner rock bands Kyuss Lives and Orange Goblin.
- Red Fang (Sargent House, 2009)
- Murder the Mountains (Relapse Records, 2011) #25 US Top Heatseekers
- Whales and Leeches (Relapse Records, 2013) #66 US Billboard 200
- Prehistoric Dog (Sargent House, 2009)
- Witness (Self Released, 2009)
- Wires (Relapse Records, 2011)
- Crows In Swine (Relapse Records, 2012)
- Blood Like Cream (Relapse Records, 2013)
- No Hope (Relapse Records, 2013)
EPs & Splits
- Tour E.P. 2 (Wantage USA, 2007)
- Malverde/Favorite Son split w/ Tweak Bird (Volcom Entertainment, 2008)
- Red Fang/ASG split (Relapse Records, 2013)
- Scion AV Presents Red Fang (2014)
- Other appearances
- Metal Swim - Adult Swim compilation album (2010)
The band released music videos for several of their songs, which helped them getting fame in the scene due to the hilarious nature.
- Hank is Dead
- Prehistoric Dog
- Blood Like Cream
- Bryan Giles - guitar, vocals
- Aaron Beam - bass guitar, lead vocals
- David Sullivan - lead guitar
- John Sherman - drums
This biography is from Wikipedia, the free collaborative encyclopedia. Used under licence and subject to disclaimers. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors, and recent changes might not appear just yet. See the latest version of the article.
Image from Discogs