Carsick Cars is a Chinese indie rock trio formed in March, 2005.
The band was scheduled to open for Sonic Youth in Beijing in April, 2007, but their performance was canceled on short notice. However, in August the same year they joined Sonic Youth for their European tour in Prague and Vienna.
Carsick Cars released their self-titled debut album in 2007 on Maybe Mars in China and on tenzenmen in Australia. A 7" single of tracks taken from that album was released in the UK by Suyin Records. In June 2009, the band released their second album, You Can Listen, You Can Talk. In March 2010, 2011, and 2012 Carsick Cars performed at the world renowned music festival SXSW in Austin, Texas.
As of November 2010, Li Weisi and Li Qing have left the band to focus on their other projects. They have since been replaced by He Fan (Birdstriking) on bass and Ben Ben (BOYZ & GIRL, Skip Skip Ben Ben). Ben Ben has Since left and has been replaced by Houzi.
- August 25, 2007: Prague (with Sonic Youth)
- August 26, 2007: Vienna (with Sonic Youth)
- October 2–4, 2007: Modern Sky Festival, Beijing
- 2007: Carsick Cars
- 2009: You Can Listen, You Can Talk
- 2011: She Will Wait" b/w "Could You Be There (Cassette Only)
- 2014: 3
- Carsick Cars official website
- Carsick Cars on Douban
- Carsick Cars on Myspace
- Carsick Cars discography at MusicBrainz
- Carsick Cars @ RiC Wiki, complete biography
This biography is from Wikipedia, the free collaborative encyclopedia. Used under licence and subject to disclaimers. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors, and recent changes might not appear just yet. See the latest version of the article.
Image from Discogs